It’s no secret that the world is changing. And with that change comes a whole slew of new challenges, both big and small. Climate change is one of those things that we can all see happening in the near future, and it’s something we need to start paying attention to now. If you want to be on the frontlines of this battle, read up on climate change books. Here are some of the best books about climate change you need to read in 2023.
What are the Books You Should Read?
When we talk about climate change, we often think about the world around us. What can we do to help? But what if there’s something we can’t do? What if our actions have no impact?
These are tough questions, but they’re also the ones that need to be asked. And that’s where these reports and books about climate change come in. They’ll help you understand climate change better, and how you can make a difference.
- The Intersection of Climate Change and the Economy is a report from the National Academy of Sciences that outlines how climate change will interact with various components of the economy, including natural resources, infrastructure, public health and human well-being. The report provides a detailed analysis of both current and future economic impacts of climate change and sets forth policy recommendations to address these issues. This report is essential reading for policymakers interested in understanding how climate change will affect different parts of the economy and developing strategies to address these impacts. It also provides critical information for businesses, investors and other stakeholders who need to understand how climate change will shape future market opportunities and risks.
- Warming—What We Know, What We Don’t Know, What We Need to Know is an overview of climate science published in 2014 by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). In it, authors reviewed all available research on global warming up to that point and summarized what was known about how climate change affects human health, agriculture, water resources, energy supply, coastal communities and more.
This book is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning more about the impacts of global warming on society as a whole. It provides a comprehensive overview of what is known about global warming at this point in time and provides policymakers with information they need to make informed decisions about how to address the issue.
- The Economic Impacts of Climate Change in the United States is a report released by the National Academy of Sciences in 2018 that examines the economic impacts of climate change in the United States. The report examines a variety of topics, including the costs of adapting to climate change, the benefits of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and the potential effects of climate change on national economies. The report provides policymakers with important information about how climate change will impact different sectors of the economy and provides guidance for developing strategies to address these impacts.
The Human Cost of Climate Change
Climate change is a real and pressing threat, and it’s not just the effect that it will have on the environment. It has an impact on humans as well.
Some of the ways climate change affects humans include:
- Increased wildfires.
- Extreme weather events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods.
- Droughts and food shortages.
- Rising sea levels that could displace communities and harm coastal infrastructure.
- Health concerns related to air pollution and heat exposure.
- Psychological effects from seeing our world change around us.
In conclusion, the human cost of climate change is huge. The effects are felt by everyone, and the costs are growing every day. We need to do everything we can to stop climate change, and the sooner we start, the better.