You’ve probably seen these perforated floors somewhere, but you don’t really know what they’re called. They are actually a type of grating, and more specifically they are called GRP mini mesh gratings. These flooring systems have many benefits and are commonly used in a variety of settings. Here’s a quick overview of GRP mini mesh gratings and some of their common applications.
What Is GRP Mini Mesh Grating?
GRP mini mesh grating is a type of grating that is made from anti-slip fibreglass. It is a lighter weight alternative to traditional metal mesh gratings and has a number of advantages that make it a popular choice for many applications.
Some of the key benefits of GRP mini mesh grating include:
- It is corrosion resistant and can be used in moist or wet environments without rusting or deteriorating.
- It is slip-resistant making it a good choice for areas where there is a risk of slipping, such as in kitchens, marinas or oily and wet industrial settings.
- It is lightweight, making it easy to install and transport.
- It is durable and can withstand high levels of wear and tear.
- It is virtually maintenance-free and does not require regular painting or treatment like metal gratings.
- It is impact resistant and can withstand hard objects being dropped on it without being damaged.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to choose this kind of flooring for your next project. But what are some of the most common applications for this type of grating? Let’s find out.
Applications Of GRP Mini Mesh Grating
GRP Mini Mesh Grating is commonly used in a range of applications, both industrial and domestic. Some of the most common uses include:
- Industrial flooring – GRP mini mesh grating is often used as industrial flooring, particularly in areas that are subject to high levels of traffic or where there is a risk of slips and falls.
- Farm flooring – You may not realize it, but the mesh is often used as flooring on farms, as it is durable and can withstand the heavy foot traffic of animals. But, more importantly, when it’s properly installed, it’s super easy to keep clean.
- Walkways – They can also be used to create walkways, both inside and outside. They are often used in public spaces such as parks and playgrounds as they provide a safe walking surface.
- Stairs and disabled ramps – You could also use it to create stairs and disabled ramps. This makes them an ideal solution for public buildings that need to meet disabled access requirements.
- Vehicle ramps – They can also be used as vehicle ramps, both in commercial and domestic settings.
- Marinas – Finally, you’ll often find it being used in marinas. This is because it is an ideal material for decking, providing a safe walking surface that is very slip-resistant.
We’re sure there are many other applications for this versatile material, but these are some of the most common ones.
As you can so clearly see, GRP mini mesh grating is an excellent choice whether you need durable, low-maintenance or anti-slip flooring – regardless of the application. Cheers.