Have you been thinking about getting rid of all of your unwanted gold jewelry? There are a few different ways to turn your unwanted gold into cash, and each one has its own benefits. In this article, we’ll outline each option and explain why it’s a good choice for you.
Decide What You Want to Do with Your Jewelry
If you’ve got unwanted gold jewelry lying around, there are a few things you can do with it. You can sell it on eBay or Craigslist, give it away as a gift, or melt it down and create a new piece of jewelry. Here are some tips to help you decide what to do with it:
1. Decide if you want to sell your jewelry online or in person. Online auctions are great for selling large quantities of jewelry, while meeting up with buyers in person can be more personal and fun.
2. Consider what type of jewelry you have. Necklaces, earrings, and rings are all popular items to sell online. If you have smaller pieces of jewelry that don’t fit into one of those categories, consider melting them down and creating new pieces.
3. Know the value of your jewelry. Gold is a valuable metal and will often command a higher price when sold online or in person. However, the worth of any piece of jewelry depends on many factors, so it’s important to do your research before selling anything.
4. Keep an eye on prices overtime. As gold prices change, so may the value of your jewelry. It’s always a good idea to check current prices before selling anything, just in case.
5. Be realistic about how much you can expect to earn from it. Selling jewelry is a fun hobby, but it’s not going to make you rich overnight. Figure out what you think your pieces are worth and then sell your gold jewelry for a price that’s fair considering that information.
Sell Your Jewelry
There are a few ways to turn your unwanted gold into cash. The most common way is to sell it online, but there are also a number of gold buying companies that will buy unwanted gold jewelry.
The best way to find out if there is a company that will buy your gold is to do a search online. There are many websites that will list companies that buy gold jewelry, and you can also contact the companies directly. You can also sell your gold jewelry at a pawn shop or at an auction.
If you have unwanted gold jewelry – or any other jewelry for that matter – sitting around your house, it’s time to get creative. By turning your gold into cash, you can finally rid yourself of that excess metal weight and make some extra money in the process. Here are four simple steps to follow:
1. Sort through your jewelry and determine which pieces are worth keeping and which can be sold. Gold rings, necklaces and earrings will all sell for a higher price than bracelets, anklets or charms.
2. Contact a pawnbroker or gold buyer to set an appointment to come view your pieces. Explain that you would like to turn your jewelry into cash and disclose the approximate value of each piece.
3. Let the dealer take what they want (usually around 50% of the value) and pay you the remaining balance in cash or transfer funds directly to a bank account if preferred. You can also choose to keep any jewelry that doesn’t sell at auction/pawn shops, as long as it is in good condition!