Ethan Klein is a satirist more than a comedian whose videos command massive viewership on YouTube. His videos are known for satirizing cyberculture and commenting on reaction videos with vignettes. But, how well do you know Ethan Klein? Stay tuned and scroll down to figure out more about his early life, family, career, and finally, his net worth.
About Ethan Klein
Known for his famous YouTube channel, h3h3Productions, Ethan Klein attracts massive viewership with his sketches and satire. He has four channels on YouTube: h3h3Productions, Ethan and Hila, h3 Podcast and h3 Podcast Highlights, and manages them with his wife, Hila Klein.
As per the latest reports, h3h3Productions has 6.41 million subscribers, Ethan and Hila has 2.09 million subscribers, H3 Podcast has 3.02 million subscribers, and H3 Podcast Highlights has 1.61 million subscribers. A huge amount isn’t it?
Early Life and Family
The legendary satirist took birth on 24 June 1985 in California’s Ventura village. Ethan did his schooling at Buena High School and holds a bachelor’s in English Language and Literature from California University.
In 2007, he met Hila Klein in Israel. Ever since he met her, they were together and finally got married in 2022. The couple has a two-year-old child, Theodore.
Career and Major Milestones
Significant milestones in the life of Ethan Klein include:
- He started his YouTube channel, h3h3Productions in 2011. The channel received wide acceptance owing to the distinctive commentary, sketches and satires.
- The couple did a documentary on “Counter Strike: Global Offensive” and highly criticised the concept of skin gambling. They also criticised several YouTubers for luring youngsters into gambling.
- In 2017, they started h3 Podcast. The channel committed triweekly podcasts and four weekly web series.
The web series include:
- “Flagship h3 Podcast” concerning controversial interviews with Mr Klein
- “h3 After Dark” that concerns current affairs
- “Content Court” that concerns online personalities
- “Frenemies”, a series with Trisha Paytas that ran 39 episodes till Trisha stepped down.
- In 2017, Hila Klein started her clothing company “Teddy Fresh”.
- Based on the channel statistics, Edison Research gave h3 Podcast 23rd rank overall for the year 2022. Media Monitors ranked it 14th.
- h3h3Productions and h3 Podcast were nominated for the Streamy Awards for comedy and best podcast in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Ethan Klein
Do you know that a YouTuber filed a lawsuit against Kleins for copyright violation?
In 2016 April, a YouTube personality Matt Hosseinzadeh filed a lawsuit against Kleins, claiming that one of their videos blatantly violated his copyright. Hosseinzadeh further argued that 70% of that video’s content released by Kleins is his hard work.
Soon after the lawsuit was filed, YouTuber Philip De Franco instituted a fundraising program with GoFundMe for supplementing the legal fee for Kleins. Franco claimed that it was not their personal issue but a threat to fair use policy on YouTube.
Finally, Kleins won the lawsuit.
Net Worth of Ethan Klein
According to the latest updates, the net worth of Ethan Klein from all sources is $20 million. YouTube is his primary source of income.
With their sketches and satires, Kleins attracts an average of 82,000 daily views on h3h3Productions alone.