Do you want to resurface your pool? If yes, you might want to know the cost of the same. Many people often get confused when deciding to surface a pool. If you are in a similar situation, you have come to the right place. It is always better to research well before making a decision. After reading this article, you will know whether you should consider it or not.
Earlier, people found it challenging to get a reliable service provider for surfacing. All thanks to technology, now you can quickly find a suitable one. The only problem is the numerous options available for people. You have to research well to choose the best one. If you don’t want to waste time, you can visit poolresurfacingcathedralcity.com. You will never regret using their services for refinishing your swimming pool.
Maintaining a swimming pool is essential if you want to use it for a long time. But the main question is, how will you keep it in the top shape? You have to consider some things if you want to transform your pool. Let’s not waste any more time and get started with the same.
How do you determine the cost of surfacing a swimming pool?
The overall cost of the same depends on a lot of factors. Here are some things that might help you identify the price.
- The size of the swimming pool: The first thing you need to find out is the size of the pool. You have to measure the area to be resurfaced. Without it, you won’t identify the exact price.
- Look for damages: It is crucial to check for cracks in your pool. Once you find them out, the process of determining the price becomes convenient. The damages in the swimming pool might be of various types. So, the cost of finishing the pool will be according to the condition.
- Type of materials you have chosen: Have you checked the price of materials you want to use for surfacing? If not, you must begin researching to avoid any consequences regarding it. Many people often skip this step when analyzing the cost of your swimming pool.
What are the various types of finishes and their prices?
As we mentioned before, you have to select one from different materials to surface your pool. You can choose a finishing material according to your preferences, budget, and needs.
- Resurfacing with white plaster: If you have a tight budget, you can consider white plaster. It is one of the cheapest ways to refinish your swimming pool. However, there are other things that you must take care of before deciding on it.
The best part about using white plaster is that the entire process is straightforward. So, you don’t need to stress about how much time it will take to complete the work. White plaster is suitable for large swimming pools because they have a big area. The overall amount of white cement will be more in large pools than in small ones.
White cement furnishing is always better because it is shiny. However, some people don’t like it as it has a rough surface. The durability of this material is also impressive. It could last for up to ten years.
Estimated price: $4 per square foot
- Refinishing with aggregate quartz: Aggregate quartz is a well-known material for finishing the swimming pool. It provides many benefits to the users. It is a pretty expensive process, but you will not get disappointed with the results. The colors that come up after finishing look fabulous in the swimming pool. If you have a considerable budget, you can select this material.
The aggregate quartz is a mixture of pebbles and concrete. The surfacing of the swimming pool with aggregate quartz is unique. There are some pros and cons of the same. For instance, the surface seems challenging to walk on for people. That is why they avoid it. However, the look it will give you is fantastic. So, you have to think about both pros and cons before choosing it. A long lifespan is also one thing that makes people want this finish for swimming pools.
Estimated price- $5 per square foot
- Surfacing with pebble finish: Another popular surfacing material is pebbles. Pebble finish is the most expensive one due to various reasons. This material is meant to provide a better look and durability to the swimming pool. You will be surprised to feel the smooth surface of the pool. No other material offers the same as pebbles. So, you don’t need to worry about struggling to walk on it.
Once you surface your pool with a pebble finish, you don’t have to spend more on repairs and damages. Do you know why? It is because the material is durable. It won’t be worn out even after 20 years.
Estimated price: $10 per square feet
Is there any warranty that comes up with a particular finish?
The warranty depends on the company you have chosen. Most of the companies provide it with every type of finish. Still, you must research and find which one suits you the best. It is always better to select a company with good reviews and after-service facilities. Otherwise, you might regret your decision later on.
Different companies provide warranties according to the type of finish you have chosen for the pool. So, you need to consider this fact before deciding on any company.
What are the tips for maintaining your swimming pool’s surface?
If you’re a beginner at this, you don’t need to worry. Here are some tips that you can follow:
- Cleaning is necessary: You must clean your pool once in a while to keep the surface in top shape.
- Keep the water level balanced: Sometimes, problems arise due to water level. So, you must keep it balanced every time.
The Bottom Line
Resurfacing a swimming pool is a good idea when you are facing troubles. You can choose from three different materials according to your budget. We hope you found this article informative.