A cheerful and enthusiastic gamer, powerful, and someone who makes a positive impact through social media and gaming platforms is Valkyrae.
She is one of the very few female gamers who are so popular and is known as ‘The Queen Of Youtube’ and is a game award winner. She has been a recognized streamer and also an Instagram personality apart from being the most-watched streamer of 2023.
How many such influential and bright gamers have you come across? Here is one such courageous young woman who made a career out of something she loved and to know more about her, keep reading.
Born on 8th January 1992, in Washington, USA, Rachell Hofstetter, now known as Valkyrae has been popular on Instagram and was a twitch streamer before becoming a ‘YouTuber’. She is also a contemporary of popular YouTubers like PewDiePie, Marshmello, and many others. She’s a professional ‘Among- Us’ and ‘Fortnite’ player. Her videos mostly comprise gaming and vlogging.
Early Life And Family
She has graduated from a community college and is a graduate with an arts associate. Eventually, her love for gaming led her to create a youtube channel on which she began uploading videos in 2018. She used to talk about gaming equipment and consoles on Instagram as she found it interesting.
Soon, followers and friends suggested she start streaming on a platform called Twitch. This brought her humongous success and has landed her in the co-owner position at the 100 Thieves. She eventually uploaded videos on youtube as well and has brought her a massive number of subscribers.
Her Career And Major Milestones
- Her career took off as she signed a contract with youtube due to which she stopped streaming on twitch. Although the views were initially low in number, they slowly rose to millions of views, and eventually by the start of 2023, she became the most-watched female YouTuber.
- To boost the number of views, she also collaborated with other famous gamers like Pokimane, ‘Corpse Husband’, Fuslie and others. She has also tried her hand at a popular multiplayer game- Among-Us.
- Accompanying Natsumiii, a contemporary of hers, she has covered LilyPichu’s ‘Last cup of Coffee’.
- Being one of the few female content creators and women’s gaming advocates, she also makes sure to play a few ‘all-female teams’ now and then. She also bagged the ‘creator of the year award’ from ‘Adweek Creator visionary’ and ‘the game’ awards. She has over 3 million subscribers and more than 290 videos.
- She talks about comfortable equipment and its necessity for comfortable gaming as it takes most of a gamer’s day. Valkyrae also makes a point to talk about mental health and focuses on healthy eating and physical health.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Valkyrae
- She owns one-half of 100 Thieves along with CouRage where the company is valued at 190 million dollars.
- Has made an appearance in MGK’s ‘Daywalker’
- Has outdone Pokimane, a most-watched female YouTuber by the end of 2023.
- Also appeared in Jimmy Fallon’s ‘The Tonight Show’ for raising funds alongside Kirk Douglas, The Roots, and a few others in a segment.
- She appeared on Bella Poarch’s new song called ‘Build a Bitch’.
- She fancies watching anime and her favorite is ‘Attack of titans’.
With a massive following on Instagram and youtube and being a part of the esports community, her net worth is nearly 1.5 million dollars Mortal engine and Electric arts have made sponsorship deals with her. She also has signed a contract with Youtube.